South Bend area restaurants open for Thanksgiving 2021
Don’t want to cook for Thanksgiving dinner next Thursday or just want a little help?
Here is a list of food and take-out options from area restaurants for the holidays.
A few things to keep in mind about this listing: Reservations are almost always appreciated, and it never hurts to call ahead to confirm the information listed.
This isn’t necessarily an exhaustive list, so if there is a restaurant open or offering takeout that you think needs to be added, let me know.
This list will be continuously updated online.
- The barns of Nappanee (formerly Amish Acres): 600 W. Market St., Nappanee. Open from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thanksgiving Buffet – $ 28.95 for adults, $ 16.95 for children 12 and under. No reservations.
- Carriage House Dining Room and Gardens:24460 Adams Rd., South Bend. Take-out Thanksgiving dinner with turkey, four sides, a bun and a pie – $ 40 per person. Order before 5 p.m. on Monday, November 22; Pickup is 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, November 24. Call 574-272-9220 to order.
- Chicory: 114 W. First St., Mishawaka, 574-204-2025; 105 E. Jefferson Blvd., South Bend, 574-234-1141; Taphouse on the edge, 1803 South Bend Avenue, South Bend, 574-247-9293. Cajun or rotisserie style New Orleans takeout turkey with ham or a Polish sausage dinner that includes four sides, a bun, and a pumpkin pie. Additional sides available for an additional price. Feed 5 guests for $ 85. Order by Friday November 19 and pick up Wednesday November 24 at the order location.
- Cracker Barrel: 110, boul. North Pointe, Elkhart. Open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Heat ‘n Serve on the go meal with turkey breast with 5 sides and a bun. A meal for up to 6 people for $ 89.99, a larger meal for up to 10 people including dessert is $ 139.99. Available for pickup November 20-27, while supplies last. 24 hour notice required for orders. Individual take-out is also available with a traditional turkey dinner for $ 12.99, chicken and meatballs for $ 7.99, and a plate of country vegetables for $ 7.99. Available for pickup Thursday, November 25 from 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Order online at crackerbarrel.com/catering/heat-n-serve or by calling 574-264-6963.
- Das Dutchman Essenhaus: 240 United States 20, Middlebury. Take-out Thanksgiving meals are available for pre-order. Dinner for five is $ 79.99, for $ 10 to $ 149.99, and for $ 20 to $ 279.99. Order by Monday, November 22, pickup 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday, November 24. Order online at essenhaus.com or by calling 800-455-9471.
- Kankakee grid: 3000 Prairie Avenue, South Bend. Open from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Three-course Thanksgiving meal – $ 32 per person. Reservations can be made at 866-494-6371.
- Kitchenette: 2221 S. Michigan St., South Bend. Open from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Breakfast is available throughout the day and the traditional Thanksgiving dinner will be served from 9 a.m. while supplies last. Includes choice of turkey or ham with five sides, bun and dessert – $ 12.95 for adults, $ 6.95 for children 10 and under. Cash only. Available for take out, call 574-289-1513.
- The Lauber: 504 E. LaSalle Ave., South Bend. 12-pound smoked turkeys for $ 45. Pre-order by Friday, November 19 by calling 574-234-2342 or emailing [email protected]
- Subway dinner: 423 E. University Dr., Granger. Open 8 am to 2:30 pm Seasonal specials available on site or to take away. Large takeaways include ham or turkey with a choice of sides. Pre-order until Monday, November 22; Pick-up from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday 23 November and Wednesday. November 24 and Thursday, November 25 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Place your orders online at metrodiner.com/holiday-feast or call 574-655-4088
- Midwest Kosher & Deli:560 W. Ireland Rd., South Bend. Open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. 574-855-1791.
- Rendering of meat and potatoes:521 E. Jefferson Blvd., South Bend. Thanksgiving-themed ramen night on Tuesday, November 23, open from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Reservations encouraged, call 574-239-7777.
- from Rohr: 130, avenue Notre-Dame, south turn. Open from 7:30 am to 11:00 am for a la carte menu options. Places for Thanksgiving lunch at noon, 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. $ 65 for adults, $ 10 upgrade for prime rib option, $ 35 for children 12 and under. The on-the-go Thanksgiving meal includes a chicken breast with appetizer, five sides, a roll, and your choice of apple or pumpkin pie. Feeds four people for $ 240. Pre-order before noon on Friday November 19; pickup Wednesday, November 24. Visit morrisinn.nd.edu/dine-with-us/rohrs/thanksgiving-carry-out-meals for the menu or call 574-631-2018 to order.
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House: 902 E. University Drive, Granger. Open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Three-course Thanksgiving dinner – adults $ 44.95, children’s menu 12 and under $ 15.95. Reservations strongly recommended. Take-out Thanksgiving menu available in full orders, for 12 to 16 people, and in half orders, for 6 to 8 people. Pre-order by 4 p.m. on Monday, November 22; Pick up from noon to 4 p.m. Tuesday, November 23 or Wednesday, November 24. Call 574-968-9700 or visit ruthschrissouthbend.com to reserve or order.
- Perkins Restaurant and Bakery:423 South Dixie Way, South Bend. 574-272-0655; 107 Northpointe Blvd, Elkhart, 574-264-2541. Open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Serves turkey dinners with a slice of pumpkin pie for $ 13.49. Also offers Thanksgiving take-out meals online at order.perkinstogo.com or by phone.
- The award-winning pig: 114 Lincoln Way E., Mishawaka. 12 pound smoked turkeys for $ 70. Sides purchased separately. Pre-order and prepay at 574-387-5624. Pick up on Wednesday, November 24.
- Pan :2212 McKinley Ave, South Bend. Drive-thru Thursday, November 25 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Individual Thanksgiving meal with ham, turkey and five sides, rolls and dessert for $ 20. Individual Polish buffet with roast chicken, sausage and four sides, rolls and dessert for $ 15. A family-style roast chicken dinner for four with 8 chicken pieces, three sides, buns and dessert for $ 32. No pre-order necessary.
- Location Tippecanoe: 620 W. Washington St., South Bend. Open 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. with a Thanksgiving turkey meal or regular menu options. Reservations are full but information is always taken for a waiting list. Take out also available, with pre-order encouraged, call 574-234-9077.
- Yellow cat coffee:808 E. Colfax Ave., South Bend. 574-233-2233; 601 N. Michigan St., Lakeville. 574-850-3885. Take-out Thanksgiving dinners with turkey, ham, five sides, bun and two desserts – $ 12.95 per person, minimum two orders. Pre-order before Friday, November 19; pick up from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, November 24. Call or visit the location to order.
Contact Mary Shown at 574-235-6244 and [email protected] Follow her on Twitter: @maryshownSBT and @marketbasketSBT.